Top Menu

Tag Archives | Charles Moores

Photo from the State Library of SA. Moore's Department Store on the corner of Gouger Street and Victoria Square in the 1970s. The building is now used by the Law Courts.

Moores on the Square

Moore’s on the Square was a magnificent department store known to two generations of Adelaideans and founded by Charles Moore, a businessman who was born in Ireland in 1858. According to Wikipedia “Moore’s opened in 1914, a new palatial store on the west side of Victoria Square between Grote and Grenfell Streets, designed by architects Garlick & Jackman. […]

Continue Reading 15